The Boat House

The present boat house was built circa 1947, to replace an earlier one, was used to protect the small work boat from inclement or stormy weather throughout the operational season. The lightkeepers would travel to and from Tobermory to replenish supplies, pick up mail and other materials used in the maintenance of the site.

A marine railway powered by a small engine was used to haul the boat out of the water when rough weather was expected.